Kimchi Pork Belly
Bring a whole new expression to stir fry with one unexpected ingredient.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (available online)
- 2 tablespoons korean red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For Stir fry:
- 5 strips pork belly
- 1/2 small white or yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 cups kimchee (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Wisconsin Ginseng (thinly sliced)
- 3 green onions
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Make the sauce by combining ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the pork in a single layer, turning once, until slightly crisp, about three minutes per side. Remove pork, cut it into 1 inch pieces with scissors and set aside. Drain ½ of fat from the skillet, then return to medium high heat, add the onion and cook for a minute. Then add the kimchee and Wisconsin Ginseng and stir for 3 minutes. Add sauce and pork and toss until everything is cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions. Transfer to a plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
FOLLOW US FOR FRESH RECIPES, BOLD STORIES, AND MORE.