Savory Vegetable Broth
The perfect way to use leftover veggies is to make delicious broth for soups, sipping, and more
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (with skins, chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (with skins, chopped)
- 4 medium carrots (with skins, chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small handful fresh thyme
- 1 small handful fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4-5 slices Wisconsin Ginseng
- Combine oil, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Add 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper to a large pot and stir to coat. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add Wisconsin Ginseng, water, kale, parsley, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil using medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, add nutritional yeast and tomato paste. Stir to combine and cover with cracked lid.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Let cool, strain, and serve.